Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mongoose Dolomite: Is it time for me to jump on the Fatbike bandwagon?

I have been putting off for as long as I can, the urge to go buy a fatbike. I love bikes of all kinds and have nothing against fatbikes... What I do not like is the price. Poof.. Problem solved... Walmart is now offering a fatbike that you can order online called the Mongoose Dolomite. I know this will not be anything like any of the other brands quality wise, but being priced at $225.00 gives me the option to upgrade parts and still be well under the $2000.00 mark. Here are the specs as provided by the manufacturer.

  The Mongoose Dolomite has huge 4-inch wide tires that are impossible to miss, letting this bike roll over all sorts of obstacles. Twist shifters allow the rider to change gears quickly and easily through seven speeds assisted by a Shimano rear derailleur. Disc brakes bring the massive tires to a stop quickly and effectively in any riding conditions. Get out and explore on a true all-terrain bike!

 26" Mongoose Men's Dolomite, Navy Blue/Red: 

•Frame: aluminum/steel
•Gearing: 7 speeds with Shimano rear derailleur for all types of riding
•Brakes: dual disc brakes provide all-condition braking
•Tires: 26" x 4" all-terrain knobby tires 
•Rims: Alloy 4" wide rims for lightweight durability
•Twist shifters change gears easily •3-piece crank provides added durability 
•Threadless headset for easy adjustability
•Assembly required 
•Dimensions: 56"L x 27"W x 38"H

For a bike being offered by Walmart... I don't think I could go wrong by purchasing it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment