Monday, March 3, 2014

Looking forward to climbing that mountain

Pearl Pass Tour... these three words ring in my head daily. I cannot shake them no matter how hard I try. Ok, to be honest I have not tried to get rid of them, in fact these words and what they represent have me building a bike to accomplish the task. What task is that you ask... To ride 40 miles give or take from Crested Butte to Aspen and do so by going over the Pass. The tour this year is September 13th and 14th... for those people riding new or newish bikes. So far there are 5 of us that will be leaving on the 12th because we are riding Pre-War and early Post-War Schwinn bicycles. The goal is to cross over just as they did in the beginning of this Tour, on these single speed Schwinns they called Klunkers. More on this as time goes by and we get closer to the event. For now here are some pictures of my attempt last year when I visited Crested Butte and a picture of the bike I will be riding this year,(as found before buildup).











And then... This will be this years bike... I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...













No comments:

Post a Comment